Monday, July 17, 2006

I Write The Songs...

It has been said that when Manuel Noriega was holed up making his last stand in some Panamanian villa, U.S. forces pumped Guns and Roses music out of loud speakers as a sleep deprivation tactic. Soldiers claim to have seen Noriega through windows wearing a bandana wrapped around his head doing the serpentine dance to “Sweet Child O’ Mine”. We all know the outcome of that stand off. From what I hear, the U.S. Justice Department has allowed Noriega to appeal his sentence. Under the new terms, prosecutors agreed that the former general’s release from prison will coincide with the release of G&R’s “Chinese Democracy” album.

It appears that the G&R fan base has neutralized the effectiveness of using their music in deploying this tactic so military and civilian police agencies have had to switch gears a little with this. I think they’ll be able to use it for many years to come.

I wonder if this makes Barry cry...

4 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, July 18, 2006, Blogger Bobby said...

I hear the U.S. military are working on a "Yanni" bunker buster.

 
At 11:30 AM, July 18, 2006, Blogger Tony Alva said...

Yanni would definitely bust my bunker. I guess the government has to be careful whose music they use for this tactic, since Yanni could end up in hiding Salmon Rushdie style.

Another question I though of on my way home last night regarding this matter: Does Barry Manilow get paid royalties for these record spins? Imagine the conundrum of being paid to have your own music annoy someone to the point of surrender. Every musicians dream.

 
At 8:11 AM, July 21, 2006, Blogger milkyum said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:49 AM, July 21, 2006, Blogger milkyum said...

You got me thinking about Axl and the boys...
A.D.D. is a wonderful thing (I didnt completely miss the point... I promise)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home