Friday, July 21, 2006

I hope you're all here when I get back...

Me and my gals are heading out West to Lake Tahoe for the first ever Phillips family reunion. As most of you know, I grew up in military family and my Dad was a career officer. In the same, my grandfather was a career man as well. We moved around a great deal before settling at West Point for the latter third of his 30 year career. We were lucky in the fact that we had the opportunity to live close enough to our aunts, uncles, and cousins every now and then and were able to get to know them. We don't get a chance to see them often, but whenever in the past we all get together (weddings, funerals, etc...) it's an absolute riot of epic proportions mostly because along with my brother and sisters and my cousins we wantonly goof on our parents. I'm sure one day our kids will do the same to us. I’d be disappointed if they didn’t. Thus is the circle of life.

Me, I look forward to playing golf until the sun burns the skin off my fat and bones, goof around in the clear cool waters of the lake with my kid, and drink and smoke cigars until I fall down.

I’ll try to post while out there if our swanky digs have connectivity and someone actually brings a laptop. If not, I’ll check in when I get back.

(No, that's NOT Mrs. Alva in the photo)

3 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, July 22, 2006, Blogger Jackson said...

The implication is apparent. They don't call him Tony 'Big As A Tree' Alva for naught.

 
At 5:23 AM, July 26, 2006, Blogger milkyum said...

Who is that in the photo?

 
At 10:27 AM, July 29, 2006, Blogger }{e@d$hot Zod said...

I'll send the Kahlua down to circy :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home