Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Bah humbug, or my candidate for prez...

At a Christmas party this past weekend, I joked with a spouse of a friend who also happens to be a lawyer that, with the exception of my hawkish foreign policy stance in the the ME, my politics were largely of the liberal bent. Her response was typical of the far left, moonbat, know it all's, and without asking me a single question regarding anything political, basically retorted that I was not worthy of joining their reindeer games. Nice. Isn't there an "ist" word like, pigeonholist or something?

Anyhoo... While trolling the blogosphere today, I found this fun little exercise. According to ABC News, the presidential candidates that most fit the answers I gave to the policy questions they posed are as follows:

1. Chris Dodd
2. Duncan Hunter
3. Hillary Clinton

Chris Dodd, five term Connecticut Democrat. Duncan Hunter, hawkish Vietnam vet, long time California Republican. Hillary Clinton, former first lady, two term senator New York Democrat.

It's a long way to next November. It would appear that my vote is up for grabs along with what I believe to be many others who are, for lack of a better word, centrist hawks.

For the record and if anybody cares, I believe in civil unions for gay folk, gun control, am solidly pro-choice (with common sense restrictions). I think in HINDSIGHT invading Iraq should not have been our top priority, but STRONGLY believe we must stay and stabilize the country as best we can no matter how long it takes. I have little tolerance for those who marginalize and rationalize Islamic zealotry or the blatant human rights vioaltions couched as "cultural differences (i.e. the enslavement of women), or U.S. historical apologists for that matter. I support strict control on immigration and tight seals on our borders, BUT support LEGAL immigration of as many folks as our economy needs and/or can support no matter what that number is. I am a big supporter of the Fair Tax initiative.

Ho, Ho, Ho... Let the campaign begin!

11 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, December 05, 2007, Blogger Jackson said...

I came up with:

1) Dennis Kucinich - never get elected with that name.

2) Mike Gravel - who?

3) Sam Brownback - I guess I should check him out....

The thing is, they all suck. Either there's something wrong with them, or they couldn't possibly win.

The front runners don't commit to anything other than vague notions of concrete party fundamentals, and the brave ones are so not fit for office.

we'll see.....

 
At 6:22 PM, December 06, 2007, Blogger Mike Lewis said...

perhaps a Jackson/TA ticket -

A les paul for everyone!

I'd vote for that!

 
At 12:53 AM, December 11, 2007, Blogger Jackson said...

After further research I have found that I loathe them all.

We're a rudderless ship.....

 
At 1:05 PM, December 11, 2007, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

So, essentially, three candidates who will never, ever be President.

 
At 3:21 PM, December 11, 2007, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

I got

1. Mitt Romney
2. Duncan Hunter
3. Fred Thompson

I don't know how they know what Thompson's positions are because it always feels like he is taking a nap or working on something other than campaigning to be President.

 
At 3:52 PM, December 11, 2007, Blogger Chrispy said...

1. Kucinich. Jackson's right about that name. How about a new last name, something hip, like "K"?

2. John McCain. Hey, I've always said he's the Republican I'd vote for, so at least we know ABC's little poll works.

3. Chris Dodd. As a native Nutmegger, I must say I'm proud.


Dave, I think Duncan Hunter's got a great chance. "America runs on Duncan!"

Seriously, considering how well the Republicans did with their last candidate, I don't think they should even be allowed to vote. I mean, honestly, he's going to go down as the man who did more to harm America since... uh...

 
At 4:11 PM, December 11, 2007, Blogger Tony Alva said...

Dave,

If I were a betting man I'd say Hillary will be our next prez. Anyone want to take a buck on that action?

 
At 2:22 PM, December 12, 2007, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

I'll take that action, Tony. I don't think she will be the next President.

 
At 2:23 PM, December 12, 2007, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Chris -

Since Jimmy Carter?

D

 
At 5:48 PM, December 12, 2007, Blogger Tony Alva said...

"I don't know how they know what Thompson's positions are because it always feels like he is taking a nap or working on something other than campaigning to be President."

I heard he's an avid model train enthusiast.

 
At 10:20 PM, December 16, 2007, Blogger Chrispy said...

D-

Come on, Jimmy got hosed. We all know that.

I have a feeling GWB will never command the kind of international respect Carter does. Just guessing here, folks. What do you think, Dave?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home