Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Treasure Trove of Memories (or Nightmares)...

I searched far and wide, but could not find photo's of Jackson and I at the prom which we both attended. Maybe the pictures will surface at a later date at which time I'll post them. The Misanthrope has fired the first salvo in the "War On TeHairor" in reference to my most outdated hair style in my wedding picture. Never one to shy away from anything and since this blog needs a little lightening up, I'll post the photo's that I did find...

Me before my Junior prom 1981. Hate to disappoint girls, but I'm spoken for. Sorry. The dog on the right was one of the greatest doodle dogs to have ever walked the earth.


Another prom (not Mrs. Alva)...

Never prouder of my little sister than on this date. She wanted to make sure I attended her Basic Training graduation at Ft. Dix along side my full Col. dad to piss off her drill instructors. I was totally used, but was glad to accomodate her. My hair served a purpose beyond being a chick magnet that it was.


Lastly, who's this Flock Of Seagull's guy? The one guy who has had more strange haircuts than any other human being.


UPDATE: Re: Dave's comment, proof of doodledom. Me, my brother, two of my three sisters, and our new dog Lara circa 1970 West Point NY. (Note: the one in Diapers is the same one in the photo above graduating from basic training).

10 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, April 20, 2006, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Here's your first problem. That's not a dog. That's a car.

 
At 12:23 PM, April 20, 2006, Blogger Tony Alva said...

If you look to the right, there's a partial veiw of a white half Siberian Husky, half German Sheppard. Her name was Lara. An incredible doodle. Born in Highland Falls NY, traveled to CA, KS, VA and back to NY before passing at a ripe old age. I own very few pics of her sadly. I do have on that I'll post though hang on...

 
At 5:03 PM, April 20, 2006, Blogger Mike Lewis said...

Wow, that pic of you at your sister's graduation is killer!

You look like a member of lynard skynard!

 
At 7:59 PM, April 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The extremely ironic and bizarre part of the whole picture of you and your sister is that your sister joined the ARMY to prove to YOU she could do it! You laughed when your Mother announced at the dinner table that a recruiter, (who could, at that time recruit in local HS's without fearing injury), called, and was interested in speaking to her! That was all it took to convince her it was just EXACTLY what she needed to do. Bet you didn't know that!

 
At 8:35 PM, April 20, 2006, Blogger Tony Alva said...

Hue,

I was sporting the "interning at a big time recordijg studio" look. Yep, I took out the trash and fetched snadwiches for Bon Jovi, but I looked like twisted the knobs.

 
At 10:14 AM, April 21, 2006, Blogger Tony Alva said...

I will admit Cool Momma, I never in a million years would have thought it would be this particular sister out of the three that would wear the green, let alone get through it. I obviously underestimated her toughness.

If I wasn't still suffering delusional thoughts of a career in the recording arts, I probably would have considered joining her.

 
At 10:37 AM, April 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, that would have been cute. You and your sister in basic training together! You could have signed up under one of those enlistment programs where they let you do it together. :-)
Ps. are these ( ;-) or :-( ) allowed on blogs?

 
At 10:45 AM, April 21, 2006, Blogger Tony Alva said...

That's the cool thing about blogs, anything goes, but you could be subjected to mocking at anytime.

 
At 11:48 AM, April 21, 2006, Blogger Jackson said...

Ozzy went to your sister's basic training garduation?

 
At 6:42 PM, April 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you look kinda hot in the first Prom picture.
Hey, what do you suppose your father is grilling up in that photo? Probably nothing more than burgers and dogs.. God we were poor!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home