Monday, July 31, 2006

Back To The Land Of The Living...

Wow! A week of vacation is a long time. It's been quite an odessey. The reunion out in Lake Tahoe was better than anyone could have possibly imagined. It was great to see everybody.

Lake Tahoe is an interesting place, one which affrirmed a few preconceptions and dispelled others. First, while Tahoe is a great summer respite, it is primarily a ski destination. The summer months are VERY short. A couple of guys who we golfed with at the Championship course in Incline Villege said that when they came up to play a round on Memorial Day, they had to pass since there was 5 inches of snow on the ground. Summer is definately the off season. Second, and on account of the short summer season, NOTHING is air conditioned including our rental villa. Coupled with record setting high temps during our stay, this made for some tough sleeping. I can do anything in the heat including play 18 holes in 110 degree desert heat (which we did), but I gotta have cool air to sleep in. Nonetheless, we all cowboyed up and delt with it.

I made sure my brood took advantage of every opportunity we had to hang out on the lakes beaches. The water was perfect, if not slightly chilly. It's so crystal clear that when I took my kid out on a jet ski, I could see golf balls on the lake floor 40 feet down that some teenagers were hitting into the water.

It was amazing how the climate was so different on the Reno side of the mountain (desert temps) compared to the Tahoe side. I did no gambling, but my lovely wife won $100. The vistas that provided the backdrop to everything in every direction you looked were so unbelievable you'd think they were fake.

I'll have some photo's later, but now I must clear up my 10,000 e-mails in my in box. For now I'll only say I'm glad to be back!

3 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, August 01, 2006, Blogger Jackson said...

Welcome back Griswalds.

 
At 1:13 PM, December 13, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://etuganuv.greatnow.com/ujunupe.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

 
At 1:43 AM, December 14, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper companion utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://jepahiqu.angelcities.com/irywywe.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

 

Post a Comment

<< Home