Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A Box At The Door II: Now That's What I'm Talkin' about!

Current Oregonian and realtor to jam band fans looking to settle down recently received one of those prized packages via the UPS guy discussed here at IDM not but a couple weeks ago. For those who may not have had the pleasure of meeting him, let me introduce to you Mr. Mark Wheeler, good friend and upstanding member of West Point’s notorious Skateboard Gang of the late 70’s/early 80’s. He’s holding his recently acquired Roger’s Bros. custom Speedboard. As you can see, it is utmost da kine! The sheer delight he is wearing on his face only comes when one arrives home and finds one of these beauties waiting for you on the front stoop.

Want to get in on the action? Contact Dave and John via their website and place an order today.

4 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, June 20, 2007, Blogger Jackson said...

Sweet! I gotta get me one of them bad boys - what kind of wheels are those, anybody got any Kryp 70 reds?

 
At 2:30 PM, June 20, 2007, Blogger Tony Alva said...

You can still get some Krypto reds on Ebay every now and again, but the Steve Chaput made wheels Dave sent me for the deck I bought are just as good. Soft, smooth and quite as a mouse. Mark says the board he's holding is a bit heavier than what he's used to. Probably because it's designed to drop on the ground at the top of Stoney Lonesome and go vs. pushing around on flat surfaces. I don't care, I need the exercise anyway. I'm buying the Speedboard deck, using the Tracker Trucks from my Kyptonics skate from my UM days, and the pink wheels from my new skate.

 
At 7:55 PM, June 24, 2007, Blogger Jackson said...

My current skate has the Simms 'The Wheel', purchased with my Lamar deck in 81, which in my opinion were the first model of wheels in a transition to those horrible little noisy rocks that everybody uses - worthless cruisin' the asphault.

As I recall, the Lamar deck was nothing to write home about. By 84 however I was living the dream with your old purple Powell deck with the Skull and Sword - Bones Baby! - with Indy 169s and the beautiful Kryp Reds - oh what a sweet ride.

I ended up bustin' the Bones deck (very satisfying in retrospect) at UM, and bought a Santa Cruz deck that I still use - I think I passed the Kryps to Mr. L Smart of milkyuminess.

 
At 11:19 AM, December 04, 2007, Blogger Pam Hunt Kirk said...

i wanna talk with the person who's a realtor to jamband fans...pmhunt74@gmail.com

I'm jammypammy, a sociologist who studies the jamband scene for her Ph.d. dissertation...let's chat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home