Thursday, December 13, 2007

NOT rock & roll...

I've just never got what was such a big deal about Madonna. I know, she was hot as she slithered across the early MTV screen as I waited HOURS for the Scorpion's video. I acknowledge that she had a lot of hits. I acknowledge that she had more than a passive hand in creating all those said hits, but to me they've been nothing but radio ga ga, all of them.

They are definitely NOT rock and roll and therefore NOT worthy of this. Maybe along side Paula Abdul in the Hot Chicks of Top 40 Hall of Fame, but no way can anyone who hasn't smoked crack all of their life call Madonna's music rock and roll. Vapid meaningless melodies to be whistled while doing menial tasks and easily replaced with what ever the station played next.

Let the annual grousing over who's been left out of the RRHOF begin. I'll start, have they opened the books for Alice Cooper yet?

Rock is dead, long live rock!

Fuck rock, long rock!

9 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, December 14, 2007, Blogger Mike Lewis said...

the rock n roll hall of fame is a joke! and until they get a president and ceo who actually can tell the difference between Rock and Roll and Rap, it will continue to be a joke.
Madonna!? club dance music!?
What next Joel Peresman? The dixie chicks and Yoko Ono?

You may as well have Yo Yo Ma in the RNRHOF - frankly, I would rather have him than madonna - at least he knows was a scale is.

 
At 8:40 AM, December 14, 2007, Blogger Mike Lewis said...

wow did that even make sense? that post got me a little fired up.

 
At 12:05 PM, December 14, 2007, Blogger Cup said...

I'm more irritated that John Mellencamp is being inducted. How did he influence the world of rock 'n' roll.

 
At 12:08 PM, December 14, 2007, Blogger Cup said...

And why isn't Zevon in there yet???

 
At 10:28 PM, December 16, 2007, Blogger Chrispy said...

Madonna's music may not be rock, but she's definitely a Rock Star.

Oh yeah, and you can't define rock and roll anyhow, so a hall of fame for it is meaningless. Madonna SHOULD be in the hall of fame, why the hell not. She played a Les Paul at MSG without a hint of irony. If that's not rock, what is?

Mellencamp can shove it.

(btw, when was knowing what a scale is ever been a prerequisite for making rock and roll?)

 
At 11:00 AM, December 17, 2007, Blogger Ashley said...

imho, i would think reaching "hall of fame" status would feel like a death knell for an artist. what would be the motivation to continue to produce new music?

on a side note, i found an easy way to hear all my 80's hair band tunes. i downloaded the VLC media player, opened the playlist and added shoutcast stations. there are thousands! i opened the folder for 80's then searched for "hair". getting my nostalgia on right now as a matter of fact.

yeah, come on...

 
At 11:28 AM, December 17, 2007, Blogger Tony Alva said...

Sorry man, I would NEVER consider Modonna a rock star even in the loosest sense of the term. As for her guitar playing, I'd say she plays about as well as I do, and you've heard me play. I ain't no rock star.

 
At 3:01 PM, December 17, 2007, Blogger Chrispy said...

Personally, I would LOVE to see Tony and Madge doing a little "Lookin' Out My Back Door" duet.

 
At 3:50 AM, December 18, 2007, Blogger Jackson said...

Hue summed it up straight off the bat......but....

(Drumroll.......)

Madonna is not nearly, nor has she every come close to nearly being anything approaching Rock and Roll.

Now is when Kiss and Alice say, 'Hmmmm, maybe these Hall of Fame guys are a bunch of fags'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home