Tuesday, February 24, 2009

An emergancy call to action...


I have historically avoided doing the fund raising thing on this blog, Facebook, MySpace, etc… but I have just been made aware of a situation that compels me to ask anyone who will listen to consider lending a hand even in these economically trying times. A national treasure needs our help. On January 15th of this year, American singer/songwriter Peter Case was sent to the hospital for emergency open heart surgery. I’ve written and posted about how special Peter’s music is to me here on this blog a couple times in the past (here, here, and here). The good news, according to the website, is that the prognosis is for a full recovery. Unfortunately, as is the case for many uncompromising artists of our day, Peter has no health insurance and is facing an epic personal financial crisis as the hospital bills are already beginning to pile up.

As the website states, we need Peter to “get back and focus on what he does best – writing and performing his songs” as quickly as we can. I’m hoping that at least one person will have been touched enough by his music to perhaps go out to the Hidden Love Medical Relief site and make a small donation to help Peter and his family out, or as an alternative hit Amazon, iTunes, or his website and pick up a couple of his albums. You will NOT be disappointed.

Everybody has that one special artist whose songs have guided them through the best and worst of times, whose music never fails to inspire introspection, whose storytelling sounds fresh no matter how many times you've spun the record. Peter Case writes this kind of music. We need Peter Case around, especially right now. Please help if you can.

2 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, February 25, 2009, Blogger mike said...

I will at the very least go check this guy's music out.

 
At 7:40 PM, February 25, 2009, Blogger mike said...

I consider my musical tastes to be extremely varied, but you will not find the words singer or songwriter in any of their descriptions. That being said, I am listening to him right now online, and I think he is really good. Health insurance is a HUGE issue to me, that is where my views are most liberal... this is a good cause.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home