Monday, May 15, 2006

Doing My Part...

Jackson wrote last week about how good it felt to do his part in a worthy cause and has inspired me to do the same.

While down in Florida golfing with the USMA grads last week, I got a chance to meet a grad who is sponsoring a most worthy cause. It's called Operation 19th Hole. The engineers in Iraq and Afghanistan have built a couple of driving ranges and putting greens for our troops to use to pass the time and stay tuned up while off duty. Talk to any soldier and he or she will tell you having activities to do other than watching crappy second run B movies while deployed to "The Suck" is a big morale boost. I was heartened when most all of the tournament prizes handed out at the awards dinner Saturday night were promptly donated to this cause. This was some top shelf gear too. Lot's of expensive drivers, putters, fairway woods, etc...

I wrote Yoda Jacket about it this morning with the idea that between me, him, my Dad, and my brother(s)-in-law we could come up with a ton of decent gear to send over and surely a ton of golf balls. Yoda Jacket and I are the country's greatest golf ball finders and have amassed a huge shag ball bucket. I also told him that I planned on stopping by a couple of golf retail stores to see what they might want to kick in. Needless to say, Yoda's on board. He took it a step further and is contacting a local radio show host to see if we can't get a mention on the air and has established an e-mail box for anybody interested in helping us and the troops out Op19thHole@earthlink.net.

If you've got any golf gear sitting idle out in your garage that could be put to use by our troops, or want to buy a box of balls for the cause PLEASE contact us. We'll be glad to make the donation process easy.

5 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, May 15, 2006, Blogger Chrispy said...

Very nice.

Maybe we can contact WFAN up here and have them pitch in.

Pun intended.

 
At 7:00 PM, May 15, 2006, Blogger Jackson said...

Well, I don't golf much, but we both know a brother of mine who does.

 
At 1:26 AM, December 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site!
» » »

 
At 5:11 PM, March 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Togo incorporation

 
At 5:59 AM, April 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home