Tuesday, June 27, 2006

If you don't own this album or don't go out and buy it right away you're dumb Part II...

It's been awhile since I did one of these but, it's one of those "It has to move me" kind of things I guess. So, here's one I feel qualifies for "If you don't own this album or don't go out and buy it right away you're dumb..." Fred over at A VC sang praises of this new release not too long ago, and I picked it up and have been checking it out for about a month. I cannot stop listening to it. I've always had mad respect for Mark Knopfler, but never really dove into the deep end with him for no reason I can really point to. Well, I'm a changed man. Mark an Emmylou tear it up on this new release like life long partners. The guys guitar tones are lethal. He's a great slide player and an obvious aficionado of American music in the Rolling Stones sense.

I think Hue or Jackson said it best: Emmylou is the sexiest old lady around. Blended voices as thick as oak trees. Drum sounds that I can only wish to ever come close to creating myself, all over these great songs. Favorites, “I Dug Up a Diamond” and “Right Now”.

I never thought I'd nominate a new release for this, but if you don't own this album or don't go out and buy it right away, well, you're dumb.

5 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, June 27, 2006, Blogger Jackson said...

Glad you like it.

 
At 3:50 PM, June 27, 2006, Blogger fred said...

i like rolling on and dig up a diamond

totally agree that this record rocks

fred

 
At 3:33 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Always loved Knopfler's playing. Amazing that on the first few Dire Straits records, most of his solos were, according to him, just his Strat plugged into the board.

 
At 7:31 AM, June 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll search KAAZA right away

 
At 4:15 PM, May 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! pamela rogers bikini pics Bbw strip clubs usa Latina erotica en miami Upskirt+street Mature lady and teen girl Miget pussy mature hot lesbians big breasts Fem dom cbt gallery small girls tits

 

Post a Comment

<< Home