Wednesday, June 21, 2006

In The Great Gray Ghost That I Call Home...

"Fear not the crusted warblers, yet fear the mad cheese grater, for he shall slaw the features from your face"

- On the rear cover jacket of "Tooth, Fang, and Claw" -

Oh Hells Yeah!

I blasted out an e-mail to as many of my old skate friends as I had addresses for alerting them to my recent historical docu-post on West Point skate ramps and have recieved a couple of e-mail responses in return. A good friend to Oregonians who still choose to wear their hair long says he still skates, and the most illinest, mad rippinest, West Point Skateboard Gang members ever to bomb Stony Lonesome Mountain at 2:00 in the morning are still tearing it up out on the left coast. In addition to being a streetluge dynasty and world phenom's of the sport, The Roger's Bros. are now dabbling in making a few skates for the masses.

My wife's going to kill me, but I've got to have one!

6 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, June 22, 2006, Blogger Jackson said...

I think these guys need an intro.....

"jangle ang dang jangle ang dang....I see you there with your cheshire grin, I got my eye on you..."

 
At 12:50 PM, June 22, 2006, Blogger Tony Alva said...

Don't know what Brooklyn Streets look like for you, but I've got my order in for one of their Roger's Bros. Mini boards with Trackers and Chaput wheels...

 
At 2:01 PM, June 22, 2006, Blogger Jackson said...

The streets are fine, but the locals drive like Jamaicans....beep beep, zoom, zoom.

 
At 9:32 PM, June 23, 2006, Blogger fred said...

great headline

i think John and Dave need to have a link to that photo on Flickr on their website.

at least they have hair in that photo!

and the photo of Wheeler. wow.

brings back memories

 
At 8:51 AM, June 25, 2006, Blogger Jackson said...

Ah, the joys of playing poker while listening to Jenifer Lopez music. Nothing in this world is more likely to set me off on a nation wide murder spree.

 
At 11:10 PM, January 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

quick note, Brian Hutchison & me also put in the $20 each for that epic ramp in Lee Area. These days I like to surf the long boards tho, vert'll kill me. Cheers,
mark wheeler
mark at rootsrealty.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home