Monday, June 05, 2006

Song Lists, Mother's in Law, and Vinyl...

Ol' Pete Townshend actually responded to Tom Watson's blog post regarding "We Won't Get Fooled Again" being named #1 amongst the NR's top 50 conservative songs of all time. Tom is a fellow fan of all things that rock, but I kinda get the feeling that he dances around Pete's support of the Iraq invasion which is out of character for him, but what the hell, freakin' Pete Townshend responded to his blog post and that's way cool! Fred at A VC Thinks so too.

This weekend, I decided to move my turntable out of the studio and hooked it up to the stereo in the downstairs family/studio live room. With that, Mrs. Alva and I pulled out ALL our vinyl and alphabetized it. Turns out that between the two of us, we've got a pretty large collection! My brother took quite a few of the decent LP's that I went searching for when him and I went our separate ways for college, but many gems remain. It was funny to discover how many records I have that were borrowed and never returned (Fred et al, a lesson in historical music sharing). I'm sure quite a few of mine are in others collections. Jackson, you might want to flip through them and see if I owe you any.

Friday night was supposed to be a Dad's night out and we all headed down for the GT vs. somebody else baseball game. Unfortunately, it decided to rain and I reluctantly went along with the gang over to the Pink Pony where the 2006 Miss Nude Contest was going on this weekend. It's been a long time since I've been in one of these establishments (sans my recent trip to the Clermont Lounge with an unnamed out of town guest, but that's an entirely different type of establishment altogether). Bottom line: not a lot has changed. Funniest moment: Opening up the program and discovering a contestant named Claudia Monet (sorry, no photo).

My mom in law arrived this weekend too. It's great to see her and I'm always reminded of how lucky I am to have in laws that I love. She's here to attend Katie's big ballet recital debut this evening. Katie's mother is frantic and I'm doing my best to keep everybody from vexing their anticipation on Katie and get her all nervous. It's going to be a riot. I'm sure to be blubbering like the proud papa I am. I'll have pictures and you all will have to endure a post about it in the next couple of days.

Plimsouls are playing Smith's Olde Bar here in Atlanta Sunday June 18th. Anybody want to go with me?

7 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, June 05, 2006, Blogger Jackson said...

I will be in town for the Plimsouls show - where is Smith's Olde Bar in ralation to all the downtown hotels? If I can make it - I'll make it.

BTW - the Anthony Bourdain book I'm reading fondly mentions the Clermont.

Our last visit was cleared, so there's no need to cover for me - this time.

Alphabetizing vinyl is one of my favorite ways to spend a rainy afternoon.

 
At 2:05 PM, June 05, 2006, Blogger Tony Alva said...

Where did all those yellow cardigan's go that those dudes in Goodfellas were wearing? I'm sure they were supporting Thailand's king too.

Jackson,

Very cool you'll be here for this. Don't worry about getting there, we'll work something out. Now I'm totally psyched for it. Was spinning my Plimsouls album on vinyl this weekend! I'm going vinyl shopping this week.

 
At 3:13 PM, June 05, 2006, Blogger Yoda Jacket said...

Hey THF ---
Taiwan - Thailand....Not the same place.

 
At 8:05 PM, July 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

 
At 2:58 PM, July 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

 
At 11:08 PM, February 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Big boobed latina teens young girls in bra panties Vw cabriolet rear disc brake kit Texas bikini beaches Tn high school basketball rankings 360 ferrari wallpaper saab 2b9 5 Alarm car uk Kia optima fog lights

 
At 2:28 PM, April 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Designing a web site show layout Discount backpacks colorado online poker tournament http://www.diet-pills-didrex-3-month-supply-cheap.info Clomid cost search engine optimization http://www.evista-0.info dr martens mens airwair sandals medical malpractice Jenna jameson brianna banks free movies renault master Teen window voyeur Blacksox baseball Tennessee incorporation services travel insurance protection Digital camera information Blue mound web design Maryland refinancing mortgage15131050

 

Post a Comment

<< Home