Friday, October 06, 2006

Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst...

Georgia Tech takes on my Maryland Terrapins Saturday and it could be ugly. At this stage in Maryland’s weak showing this season, they must rely on the GT post upset choke factor to win this one. In the last couple of years, GT has let down fans by losing to the likes of Duke after pulling off major upsets. With the adjustments GT’s offensive coordinator Patrick Nix has made this year, mainly providing plays to take advantage of QB Reggie Ball’s quick feet, they have successfully nipped this problem in the bud I think. Reggie tucks and runs vs throwing hand grenades down field to get picked nowadays and for this reason, I’m no optimistic that the “Curse” will give the Terps any chance at all. GT knows it needs to come out strong against Maryland in order to stay tuned up for what will be their season defining game against a powerful Clemson Tigers team on the road next week. Nonetheless, I’ll be pulling for mine and Jackson’s almost alma mater to upset the ranked Yellow Jackets and make the remainder of GT’s season more exciting than it already is shaping up to be (the Miami homecoming game could be brutal. I predict no voice afterwards, many airplane bottles eviscerated, loss of any memory of the game, and a colossal hangover the next day. Hell, if it’s cold enough for a fire, I might even set my Breakfast Club coat on fire again).

Army’s got another home stand against VMI at Michie Stadium. VMI, a Div. 1AA school that also happens to be coach Ross’s alma mater. After last weekends utter disappointment I don’t know what to think. Coach Ross’s comments at the QB luncheon this week indicated that he thought the cadet’s suffered from a little over confidence and were counting the win before the game started, much like I did. He vowed to chew some ass during practice this week and get the Black Knights back on track emphasizing the fact that every win they get will be hard fought, there are NO easy ones. I think they’ll win this one, but they need to win big as their schedule gets real after this.

So, let’s see if an upset can bubble to the top and surprise me. For this one game, I’d revel in the sad faces of GT fans in my section as the Fridge and his team steal a victory from the clutches of a mighty GT defense.

Go Terps!!! Go Army!!!

1 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger Jackson said...

Uh...isn't it Clempson?

Go Black Knights!

Go Terps!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home