Monday, January 22, 2007

I'm fucking tired of this...

I'm absolutely fucking done with this...

I've gotten involved, I've represented my community as our homeowner's association president when nobody else would, I've kept an open mind when discussing cause/effect and solutions, I've done all that any fair and civic minded individual can possibly do to help and now I just plain and simply give up. As soon as it is possible, the Alva's are leaving the neighborhood and home we built and have lived in for the past eleven years, one which we absolutely love.

As I was taking my wife and kid to breakfast yesterday morning, I discovered our subdivision and others along our main road have again been tagged for the umpteenth time. If that wasn't enough, the Sunday paper I read once I had cooled off and sat down at the Waffle House featured a long piece about the crisis our county's school system is facing because of the ever skyrocketing influx of non-English speaking students. Our county here in Georgia, Gwinnett, has undergone a HUGE demographic shift in the last six years, from a total of 10% Hispanic to 54% by the end of 2005 (it's probably more since the migration has only continued to increase in 2006). I have been talking to police investigators and conducting my own research for years now and the gang graffiti along with other gang related crime we are experiencing here in our area are exclusively the acts of rival Mexican and Central American gangs. If you don't believe me, look the shit up yourselves. OTC 23, MX3 and MS13 are among the most popular reoccuring scribbles. It looks like OTC 23 and MX3 has the beef this month, but give me another month and the others will be be back that's for certain.

It’s simple, we did NOT have this problem before the illegal immigration rush to this county began and now we do. This is a byproduct of a FAILED immigration policy on both the federal and local level. If we actually had CONTROL of our borders, we would certainly NOT let these criminal assholes through the door. If we had ANY solution to protecting our borders to the south (walls, manpower, drones, etc… ANYTHING), we’d sure as hell punt these bastards right back to where they came from. I’m fucking tired of hearing people talk about the benefits of an open door policy while the situation just gets worse. NONE of them has had to watch what has happened to our once tranquil neighborhood. None of them has to put their kid in a school completely OVERBURDENED with teaching it’s elementary grade students the primary language of our county, or deal with escalating violence at our high school. It’s simple: If there are no controls to illegal immigration, then the worst will (and have) come here along with the best.

I’m sure nobody will believe me when I say this, but this is not a slag of any sort to those who have entered this country legally. I welcome you and have loved having you as my neighbors. We will miss you. I say this with the utmost sincerity, but I no longer care what anyone refers to me as now when it comes to the issue of illegal immigration. If you think the experiences myself and the other law abiding citizens of this county here in Georgia are nothing but redneck rantings from a bunch of xenophobes, then you are nothing but full of shit and simply cannot deal with the math.

I’m done arguing about the cause, we here in Gwinnett County Georgia know what the cause is, we want SOLUTIONS and we want them now!

8 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, January 22, 2007, Blogger Bobby said...

Gee Tony, tell us how you REALLY feel!
The loss of your job. The gangs moving into your area. Do you suppose this is God's way of giving you a sign?
The times they are a changin!

 
At 11:35 AM, January 23, 2007, Blogger Tony Alva said...

Yeah, obviously I was writing while still under the duress of the whole discovery and the poor writing is reflective of that.

I'm a problem solving kind of guy. I run out of gas with those who want to spent an eternity asking "why" especially when the answers are obvious to most and the details add nothing to anybody's ability to plot a solution. I want action and resolution.

I left the NYC metro area, a place that I loved, to own my own home one day. It was a something I felt would never happen if I lived up there and it was a plus's vs. minus's decision that was not made hastily. Having the means and opportunity to actually BUILD my first home was a dream come true. My wife and I love this house. Those that have been here know why. It's not a galactic sized place by any stretch, but it has us written all over it. There's the recording studio in the basement, the pavillion in the natural area that we watch football games under and hosted countless parties, my daughter's playhouse (all of which I've build myself), there's the nice size back yard, etc... It kills us to have to move, but the kids future, our safety, and the protection of our investment have to come first. I cannot live somewhere I can't let me kid go out and play without worry, at least if I can help it.

I don't know, maybe watching too much "Rome" on demand is affecting my psyche.

 
At 5:55 PM, January 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't remember the last time I heard you so mad. I feel for you. I'm not sure anyone knows just how much work you put into that homeowners assoc. what a disappointment.

 
At 1:32 AM, January 24, 2007, Blogger Jackson said...

What you need is serious pest control - why can't these criminals be rounded up and sent packing?

If you move back up here, I'd like to say that you wouldn't see that sort of thing, but that'd be a lie.

 
At 11:44 PM, January 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tony,
You and I are raging about the same issue this week. Last Friday, our police department picked up this mope driving a car with out of state plates. He had no ID, no licence, no reg, no insurance. He also had no name for the first two hours of questioning as he played the "I don't speak any English" game. We pulled one of the park workers in to interpet, and low and behold...after much going around the mulberry bush, this guy just happened to be an illegal alien from Guatamala.

So here he is in our country, his "wife" in one of our hospitals about to give birth, driving an unregistered, uninsured vehicle and I am sitting there listening to the whole conversation thinking....who is paying for this hospital bill and what if he had killed someone in a car accident?

It gets worse....I soon learn that this no-named illegal alien is about to be cut loose and let go back into society without any penalty. It seems that INS doesn't really care and refuses to pick these guys and gals up.....unless you happen to have a whole bus load of them! Now, the scary part is, this guy could have killed 50 people in Guatamala and there is no way for us to even find out what his real name is. He will never show up for his court date and they are not allowed to hold him.

I haven't slept well since last Friday. There was a case in Rockland County last year in which an illegal alien was hired by a painting firm to power wash decks. This particular guy was left alone at a home by the painting firm and he went into the house and brutally killed the beautiful mother of two very small children. The community was outraged....he was caught and convicted and is serving jail time but it is too late to save that poor woman.

What is happening in this country? What the hell is wrong with INS?

 
At 7:48 AM, January 27, 2007, Blogger milkyum said...

Looks (unfortunately) like the tip of the iceburg... Google returns are frightening regarding MS13 in your area..
more info
Looks like this guy isnt helping either.

 
At 7:38 AM, January 29, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we think your attitude stinks! if your country went into extreme war and poverty then wouldn't you want some way out? Do you have any evidence that the graffiti was them or are you just assuming? If you have then we understand but this is still a small percentage. YOU AREN'T GRATEFUL FOR WHAT YOU'VE GOT AND OTHERS WANT! you are an idiot!!!!

 
At 2:31 PM, January 29, 2007, Blogger Tony Alva said...

"Do you have any evidence that the graffiti was them or are you just assuming?"

As a matter of fact we do, culprits of this vandalism have been arrested many times before and all are affiliated with Mexican and Central American gangs. So far the authorities have not uncovered a plot to frame Mexican and Central American gangs by any African-American and Caucasian middle class gangs, but since there are so many countless reasons for us to spray paint Latino gang graffiti all over our own property I’m sure it’ll only be a matter of time before the police blow the conspiracy wide open.

"Extreme war", well our country is engaged in some wars you might call extreme, but I think I know what you are saying, that many of these illegal immigrants are war refugees. If so, the United States has a process for applying for asylum here. On the other hand, a majority of the illegal population aren’t from war torn nations, they’re from Mexico. I don’t recall any war raging there at the moment. Nope, just massive amounts of corruption and inept government ( a free society nonetheless). A country that has the power of democracy to change things and become an economic force in its own right if only the people fought for the change needed. I know a place to start: I recommend adopting a constitution like, let’s see…. Perhaps… oh yeah, OURS!

You don’t identify who you are, but if you, your friends, and your family are legal citizens or legal guests in this country this post does not apply to you, so you shouldn’t feel the way you do since you actually chose to do the right thing no matter how laborious and tedious the process might have been. As a matter of fact, you should be equally pissed off at those who “cut in line”. If you didn’t follow the prescribed process for migration here, you are a criminal plain and simple, as I would be if I walked across the Mexican border without going through Mexico’s immigration services.

I happen to be extremely grateful for what I’ve got, and have much empathy for those suffering in war torn nations as most Americans do, but my tolerance is low for those who think they are more entitled than those who are waiting for legal passage to this country.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home