Thursday, August 09, 2007

Blogging makes the world go 'round...

I've mentioned many times before how enriching the blogging experience has been for me. It has provided me the opportunity to reconnect with MANY old friends and, in some cases, actually converse with them on a daily basis even though we may live hundreds of miles away from each other. The other rewarding aspect is that (and this may sound geeky) I've also met some very cool people in the couple of years I've been trolling blogs, some you may recognize as regular commenters here and at Jackson's blog. It was awesome to actually meet some of my blogging aquiantances in person at Jackson's TEDSTOCK show two years ago for example. One of them actually pinned an anti-Bush pin on me as we were being introduced. I still have the pin and keep it as a momento of the great party that was TEDSTOCK. It's cool that we're all not anywhere nearly as serious and egomanical in person as we are on the blogs. If we were, Clarkie would have probably thrown pigs blood on me or something instead of charming myself and my wife and donning that pin on me. Blogging creates viral friendships and I think that's a very cool thing.

With that, and as Jackson has done over at Savage Distortion a couple of times, I'd like to throw some love to three new/old bloggers that have decided they have something of their own to say. They are all extremely smart and witty folks who's posts are worth a read if you can keep up. They are as follows:

Dangerous Spork - He's had a low key blog for awhile, but I think he's ready for some outside the inner circle traffic. Good friend from our misspent West Point youth who I lost touch with many years ago and now enjoy his POV's on music, life, family, work, love, etc...

Billions - Great guy, great guitar player, great dad, and ditto to everything above.

Mother Goldstein - The re-birth of Hue B. Mooksuki. Founding member of hUe F O. Hue was partially responsible for me firing up my own blog in the first place. He went underground for a while, but is now back in full swing. Father of three living with his wife and family in Minneapolis MN and a PhD. of note in all things rock. While I’ve never met Hue in person, I hope to one day make that happen.

Go check out their blogs and add them to your roll if you get a chance. The more the merrier I say…

Disclaimer: If you hate rock, DON’T visit these blogs.

4 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, August 09, 2007, Blogger Mike Lewis said...

Thanks for the kind words - it feels good to get back in the blogosphere.

I took a about 14 months off and in that time started playing music again . I hope to someday come out east and lay down some tracks at the grey cat - then off to s&m.

hue

 
At 4:33 AM, August 10, 2007, Blogger Jackson said...

.....aw shit, I hate rock........damn.

 
At 10:15 AM, August 10, 2007, Blogger Tony Alva said...

Jackson! Snap out of it! You don't hate rock! You must have been overcome with stinky wet carpet odor! You love rock! We're losing him...

Metzenbaum scissors… Ready the bone wax… Give me some sweat on my upper lip… Remove sweat… (meow!) Get that cat out of here!

 
At 1:44 AM, August 11, 2007, Blogger Jackson said...

Phew! That was close. Thanks man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home