Monday, February 25, 2008

Holy shit crap costs a lot!!!

My main man Jackson joked recently about obtaining some Magma to add to his already enormous collection of recorded music. The Misanthrope has fallen in love with their work as well. For yucks I went out to see if any of their catalog still existed through traditional channels and was shocked to discover most of their stuff is retailing at Amazon.com at an average of about $40 a disc with some records going for $57+. Boy, those French are more gullible than George McFly.

Spinal Tap's got nothing on these guys. They even invented their own language to use for their lyrics. If you've got fifty bucks burning a hole in your wallet you can either buy twenty rocks of crack and smoke it, or you can buy a Magma disc. The health risks of either are pretty much a wash.

10 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, February 25, 2008, Blogger Feisty Democrat said...

I wouldn't have changed a word to your posting, except for the title. I would have called it "Holy crap, shit costs a lot!!!"

 
At 8:39 PM, February 25, 2008, Blogger Jackson said...

Hmmmmm, might have to resort to more dubious methods.....

 
At 10:46 PM, February 25, 2008, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Thank God I am a rich hedge fund manager. I can buy as many copies of Magma as I want!

Bwahahahahaha

 
At 1:08 PM, February 26, 2008, Blogger Jackson said...

I wonder if Tony realizes that he has singlehandedly created a resurgence in interest in Magma sending the cost of Magma vinyl through the roof - thanks man.....

 
At 1:40 PM, February 26, 2008, Blogger Tony Alva said...

I apologize Jackson. I will reimburse any increase margin you're forced to pay that I might have inadvertantly added to any of the Magma gems you discover.

Afterall, Magma records were originally made during the vinyl era and should sound much better on a turntable.

 
At 2:26 PM, February 26, 2008, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Maybe you can get Obama to start a government program to provide free copies of Magma to poor musicians.

 
At 4:20 PM, February 26, 2008, Blogger Feisty Democrat said...

Maybe W could use some Magma tunes down in Gitmo to get some info...no wait, that's too cruel.

 
At 4:26 PM, February 26, 2008, Blogger Tony Alva said...

"Jihadist... you have a choice: waterboarding or Magma" "PLEASE the waterboarding!!!"

 
At 8:38 AM, February 27, 2008, Blogger Cup said...

I have a feeling Magma won't make my must-have list.

 
At 10:24 AM, February 27, 2008, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Si se puede MAGMA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home