Tuesday, February 19, 2008

So you wanna be a rock and roll star...

Well, well, well… I’d have never thunk it, but it looks like another member of the Alva family thinks himself worthy of partaking in the world of public dysfunctional political discourse and excruciatingly divisive musical debate all wrapped like bacon around a shriveled scallop of quasi-witty banter. It’s a leap that’s been taken by many and resulted in millions of lonely blog pages floating around out there which have gone without a new post for years after the initial blogging gloaming period had run it's course. I guess some folks come to realize they have less to say to the world then they thought, but that's not my brother. No sir. Mathdude is off to a great start with his inaugural post.

A blog is more of a challenge then many think no matter what your readership is. The motives for firing one up number as many as stars there are in the sky. For me, a few things compelled me to take the leap. I was being pegged as a serial commenter and my comment postings were beginning to become essays themselves. If you’ve met me you know I have a lot to say, and love debating the finer points of musical worthiness with others. I also realized that I could actually learn something from the blogs I read especially in regards to all things political. Lastly, I guess I realized I had what ALL bloggers must possess in order to go about this silliness: An ego. So the first order of blogger initiation is the recitation of the blogger pledge...

This my ego, there are many like it, but this one is mine.
Without my ego, my blog is nothing.
Without my blog my…

Okay, it doesn’t work the rest of the way through it, but you get the gist. My only advice to my brother here is to try your best to put up a couple or three posts a week, try to do it at the same time everyday if possible, and make sure you visit your blogroll regularly or as often as possible to leave your mess in comments sections. In no time flat you’ll be feeling guilty for not posting something while on vacation and wondering if your three readers will abandon you if you don’t get something up NOW! Bottom line, it’s a lot of fun and a great way to stay in daily contact with friends and perhaps make a new one every now and again. Let's now welcome a HUGE Ramones fan who has taught math to New York's most hardened criminal minds AND the states most bratty and affluent kids, Mathdude and his blog Eating Chicken Vindaloo!


3 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, February 20, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's HOT! How old is he?

 
At 6:08 PM, February 20, 2008, Blogger Tony Alva said...

He's 44, but taken. I'm sure if the certain terms were offered his wife would let you have him though...

 
At 3:01 PM, February 22, 2008, Blogger Feisty Democrat said...

2 comments? That's all the interest I've generated? I guess your other readers immediately went to my page without leaving a comment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home