Thursday, February 28, 2008

Keith does the pubicity circuit...

The UK based fan rag Uncut posts the "revealing" insights of Keith Richards during a publicity interview for Martin Scorsese's upcoming concert film release "Shine A Light". Here's the highlights...

On Mick: "power freak. Mick's a maniac. He can't get up in the morning without knowing immediately who he's going to call. Meanwhile, I just go 'Thank God I'm awake' and wait for three or four hours before I do anything."


On dope: “Lay off the dope... Give it up, it ain't really worth it. I know the fascination, but it ain't worth it,”


On CD's: "They sound tinny to me". (Must be a vinyl guy!)


On the Zeppelin reunion show: "They had one? Well, well done Jimmy and Robert... Fuck off. 'Stairway To Heaven' don't make it for me, baby."


On contemporary English rock bands: "I didn't like Oasis. I didn't like the Sex Pistols. I don't like any of those English rock'n'roll bands. They're all fucking crap."


What's left to say?


9 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, February 28, 2008, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Hey Keith, the Stones have basically put out the same record over and over for 38 years. I wouldn't be busting too hard on other people who actually, you know, grew as musicians.

(Bring on the flames!)

 
At 1:07 PM, February 29, 2008, Blogger Tony Alva said...

"...put out the same record over and over for 38 years." Yeah, and all of them rock. Okay, Emotional Rescue and Steel Wheels not withstanding.

I'd love to hear Keith thoughts on King Crimson...

 
At 12:00 PM, March 03, 2008, Blogger Jackson said...

Yeah, like The Who grew so much....if you call putting out crap records and endless reunion tours growing, well then you got us there Dave....I'd put any Stones record up aginst 'Face Dances' or 'It's Hard'....ah, who cares, if people want to enjoy crap and ignore great music, let 'em.....

 
At 4:18 PM, March 03, 2008, Blogger Feisty Democrat said...

Speaking of the Who, I gave blood on Thursday and the Red Cross people were playing all Who music. I said to a nurse during "Can't Explain" pointing to one of these bean-pole chicks that pass out after giving, "Maybe you should take that off your playlist, you know "...dizzy in the head and I'm feeling blue..."". She says, "You're probably the only one here that knows that song and those lyrics" WTF?

 
At 4:35 PM, March 04, 2008, Blogger Cup said...

Is it any wonder why I've loved and adored Keef since I was six?

 
At 12:39 AM, March 05, 2008, Blogger Jackson said...

Somebody must have misplaced the Magma CD they usually play at blood drives.

 
At 6:38 PM, March 07, 2008, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

And I'd put Who's Next or Quadrophenia against the entire Rolling Stones catalogue.

Face it, the Stones still bite my wrinkly ball sack.

 
At 6:39 PM, March 07, 2008, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Mathdude, even though it is a Townshend solo song, you should have just requested "Give Blood"

Oh yeah, the Stones still suck.

 
At 3:06 PM, May 10, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone who is into style depends on a great stylist to look good
and help with hair issues and problems. s Therapy Treatment
line, which is a lightweight replenishing treatment that protects and maintains hair condition.
Soon after this, use curl lotion all more than your hair, and make
use of mousse and squeeze this in your hair to that your curls seem flawless.


Feel free to visit my weblog - hair products

 

Post a Comment

<< Home