Wednesday, April 23, 2008

All around the world, gonna spread the word...

I was on a conference call bored to death today and began clicking around the Sitemeter page that houses Intravenus De Milo’s staggering readership statistics. I’ll admit that I signed up for Sitemeter so I’d have something else to throw in the margin of my blog and normally delete the weekly reports they send every weekend, but I discovered the cool mapping program that displays where the last 100 blog visitors come from by their IP address and was pleasantly surprised to see that IDM is an international phenomenon! The map says I’ve had visitors from:

Mato Grosso Do Sul, Brazil
New South Wales, Australia
Wielkopolskie, Poland
Geneva, Switzerland
Swindon, UK
Glasgow, UK

Of course, this may have been a single reader checking in to IDM from a world tour or something, but more than likely someone bored out their head sitting at an internet café having run out of crap to look at on their “Favorites” list. Either way I’ll take it.

There are so many dots on the United States that the whole county is covered up. Well, okay, there’s still a shit load of dots anyway. Somebody just checked in from Nebraska.

Pretty cool…

8 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, April 23, 2008, Blogger Cup said...

I get a bit too obsessed with Sitemeter sometimes ...

 
At 1:49 PM, April 23, 2008, Blogger coolmomma said...

Mathdude can't touch that! He may claim the whole Genius thing but he can't even compete with this!
Quite cool though. I think all my readers are in Ga and MD!!!!

 
At 2:05 PM, April 23, 2008, Blogger Feisty Democrat said...

Shows what you know, Coolmomma, I had a commenter from South Africa on my Bizarro Mathman6293 posting - ha!

TA: What, Muna Wa Wanjiri has stopped dropping by?

 
At 2:06 PM, April 23, 2008, Blogger Jackson said...

http://www.sitemeter.com/?a=stats&s=s25obsession&r=89

Indeed it is cool. I had no idea I was so popular.

 
At 3:56 PM, April 23, 2008, Blogger Tony Alva said...

I know I envy us...

 
At 4:29 PM, April 24, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

London Calling...

How did you like the Sabotage chapters?

Interestedly yours etc.

 
At 6:38 PM, April 24, 2008, Blogger Tony Alva said...

London,
Still waiting on my copy from Amazon. Will post when I've given it a few passes. Stay tuned...

 
At 1:56 PM, May 13, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TA,
I was bored in Glasgow during this training course we were giving last month so it was probably me skewing your international stats.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home