Wednesday, April 01, 2009

My Birthday: An After Action Report or, How you know your family cares little for you…

Well, I’ve been so busy at work that I’ve not been able to blog and socialize on these here internets for awhile. I thought I might catch you up and how I made out for my birthday.

My brother and I have been gifting world class crap CD’s to each other for years now. He stung me good a few years back with a Joey Lawrence disc, but I fired a shot that clearly knocked him down when I came across a Fabio disc that I’m to understand he has in heavy rotation all time much to the chagrin of his wife.

Well, my folks thought they were being clever and original by jumping on this bandwagon last week. So as I tore the wrapping paper away on my first gift, this beauty was revealed from my Dad:

Nice. Except the jokes on him since he actually paid money to see the Capt. And his large mouth Mrs. Back in 1980. I think he made my sisters go too. Notice the price tag has this debut album marked down to $3.99. That’s $3.98 too much.



Next was this from my mother…



This is a five song EP of some stinky doo doo. It was over priced at $2.99 too. I know I caused her her great pain in my youth, but I swear I thought all was forgiven six years ago when I gave her a grandchild. I guess I thought wrong.

My brother has been calling each day for the last week asking if the gift he ordered for me had arrived yet. “Nothing yet” I told him Sunday. I had to travel to Indianapolis Monday but, upon my return last night this was waiting for me:


Yes, the very book I blogged about below which I discovered at Dr. Zibb’s place.

All I can say is… IT’S ON BUDDY BOY!!! As the Lord Humungous once said, “I promise you, newbody, newbody gits eowta here alive”.

12 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, April 01, 2009, Blogger Feisty Democrat said...

I knew when you posted about that book how much you really wanted and needed it. You're welcome.

 
At 9:16 PM, April 01, 2009, Blogger Dr Zibbs said...

Excellent. Now please tell me you bought it my clicking through my Amazon links.

 
At 9:19 PM, April 01, 2009, Blogger Dr Zibbs said...

I just checked you didn't. Please return it then order it again.

Also, I'd love to hear a review of it.

 
At 9:34 PM, April 01, 2009, Blogger DC Lori said...

I'm very disappointed that I didn't get a shout out with respect to the Cap'n, especially since you mocked me mercilessly about having them on my iPod - which is totally "Scooter's" doing after I heard him raving about the concert one night at the Phillips/Watkins compound.

I guess it's true...out of sight, out of mind. (sniff)

 
At 9:57 AM, April 02, 2009, Blogger BeckEye said...

Happy belated birthday.

But never diss Captain and Tennille.

 
At 10:02 AM, April 02, 2009, Anonymous busbee said...

Can't believe you left off the Pat Boone CD. I remember you playing that for us at the Lawrenceville house back when you first met Gillie. That CD was so awful.

 
At 2:07 PM, April 02, 2009, Blogger Feisty Democrat said...

BE: I'm going to assume you're just being sarcastic, because if you're being real, I can't be seen around you.

 
At 4:26 PM, April 02, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Paterick.
-Bill

 
At 5:07 PM, April 02, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you have to get someone a crappy gift in order to get any cred on this blog. *sigh* poor forgotten wife and daughter who got you a fabulous, and well thought out birthday gift.
The Mrs.

 
At 7:54 PM, April 28, 2009, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Don't forget that the large-mouth wife sang backing vocals on "The Wall."

I'm serious.

 
At 7:33 AM, March 06, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It that was necessary for me. I Thank you for the help in this question.

 
At 11:59 PM, March 13, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It be no point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home