Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Good man Mr. President...


This is a good move on President Obama’s behalf. Whether it was his own decision, or one in which his closest advisers counseled him on, it doesn’t matter. Publishing those photos puts lives in danger and inflames an already tight situation in the ME. Obama may have to evoke executive order/privilege in order to keep them from being released and I hope it doesn’t come to that, but for now I give him mad props for thinking rationally about this.
The ACLU can go fuck off...

UPDATE:
Uncanny that this story has no real follow up at least at CNN this morning, but there is one of their goofy polls that show that 80% of their readers agree with the President that publishing the remaining photos is a bad idea. Now, let's see if he can square away this plan to inflate our way to fiscal solvency.

2 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, May 13, 2009, Blogger Dr Zibbs said...

I hear you!!

 
At 11:20 AM, May 20, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100%.

Those photos of Abu Ghraib cost a lot of innocent lives and helped recruit terrorists. Many of the people who acknowledged this fact are now angry that President Obama didn't release these torture photos. This is why I am not loyal to one political party over the other. I'd rather keep my ability to think objectively and critically, thanks.

I like your blog. I'll be back. Peace to you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home