Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dispatch 1 Family Vacation By Molly

Well, we finally got underway last around 5:00 PM or so, bound for my dad’s brother’s place in Pisgah Forrest, NC.  I spent the day working hard in preparation for the trip, meaning I slept on my couch spot while my owners scrambled around piling as much crap as they could possibly fit into a 2007 Toyota Camry.

I decided to take the wheel for the first leg and give my owners a break.  After ten or fifteen minutes of hard driving, it was definitely time to stop for something to eat.   My recommendation was McDonald’s for some of their most excellent fries. Only Katie seemed to think this was a good idea, and after my owners resoundingly vetoed my plan we pressed on.   I would not get my mouth on those fries until we were almost in South Carolina.

It was a fairly uneventful drive (except for those SWEET McDonald’s fries in Toccoa GA, did I tell you about those?).  Spirits were high as we navigated a new route to Uncle Chris & Aunt Kim’s, which took us through Nantahala Forrest and State Park.  As I swished through the switchbacks at a good click, a large black figure appeared in the road ahead.  Naturally, a little barking was in order.  A deer perhaps?  Nope, it only turned out to be a black bear, no big whup, but my owners thought it was a big deal.  People, sheez...

We arrived on time at Chris and Kim’s as they were returning from walking their two big dogs and… WHAT?!!!  Two big dogs, what are they doing here?!!!


I'm supposed to be the only dog on this junket.  Crap, now I’m going to have to share the attention.  Look, dad’s already playing with the new year old Golden Retriever mixes (Chelsea and Jenny).  Okay, I’ll admit it, there are great dogs in their own right.  It appears that their original owners just couldn't handle them and their new baby, so Chris and Kim are going to keep them.  I think we’ll be good friends for a long time.

Vinyl record shopping and sight seeing lined up tomorrow.  I hope I can go with them vs. being locked in my create.

More later… 

(Oh my god this taking for ever on Chris's dial up connection!  What is he, Ammish?!) 

4 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, July 16, 2009, Blogger Dr Zibbs said...

Look at that guy!

 
At 6:20 PM, July 19, 2009, Blogger Feisty Democrat said...

Chelsea is now Lady and Jenny is now Chelsea. For now anyways. We took them up to DuPont Forrest and boy did they get a lot of attention. We're working them into being inside dogs. They're getting a little better behaved, I can fill the details in later. See you guys next time around.

 
At 6:20 PM, July 19, 2009, Blogger Feisty Democrat said...

Looking forward to Dispatch 2.

 
At 12:16 AM, July 23, 2009, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

That is an insanely cute photo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home