Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Way Cool...

Just got my double opt in e-mail marketing letter (as my friends in the business call it. Long word for friendly spam) from Mike Doughty HQ announcing he's going to be playing the Arena at Gwinnett Center on November 9th as the supporting act for The Barenaked Ladies. This will be very cool. The Arena is a great place. It's small and literally right around the corner from the Alva homestead.

I've asked my favorite youngest sister to help muster up a chance meeting with my fellow West Pointer and army brat, at the very least put in a request to play "Grey Ghost" on my behalf while he's here. I look forward to it!

Now, if I can just The X's down here somehow...

6 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, September 13, 2006, Blogger Jackson said...

I reccomend option out of the Barenaked Ladies portion of the evening, that may be a good time for the meet and greet.

 
At 12:48 PM, September 13, 2006, Blogger Mike Lewis said...

haughty melodic is a treasure. that CD gets the most airplay in my collection.

been a doing a little stipped down acoustic thing with a couple buddies - we are doing "white lexus" and "long black american car" (part of the automobile portion of the set).

as far as barenaked ladies... I have seen them live and really liked it - not a huge fan of any of there music - but the show was great.

 
At 2:14 PM, September 13, 2006, Blogger Tony Alva said...

Not a big BNL fan either, but alas, my honeybunny is, so I'll take one for the team more than likely.

I've grown to not fear seeing bands that I'm not all that hip to really. It's a differnt vibe. There's no presure at all. If they do nothing other than meet your low expectations there's no disappointment and the company is ALWAYS good with my crowd so it's never a total loss. Hell, I'm actually going to see 13 Stories and looking forward to it. Then again, it might have something to with the fact that I'm old, married with a kid and don't get out much.

 
At 11:36 AM, September 14, 2006, Blogger Jackson said...

Hey now, I took crap from you for the Dave Mathews concert, so your not getting off easy here.

Marriage makes you gay?

Hmmmm, second thoughts.....

 
At 2:20 PM, September 14, 2006, Blogger Tony Alva said...

LOL You're killin' me...

Do the research, you'll find that I NEVER goofed on you for Dave Mathews concert attendance. It was your NY contingent of droogies who took you to task for it.

 
At 12:04 PM, September 15, 2006, Blogger Jackson said...

All right then, have a good time, and don't stay out too late.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home