Monday, October 09, 2006

Yea! Aw... Yea! Aw... Yea! Aw...





That's what kind of football weekend it was. First, Wake Forest dominates their game against ranked Clemson for more than three quarters and then, in the course of what seemed like a minute, ended up trailing. The Demon Deacons fought hard, but costly turnovers will get you everytime.

Then Army took the field against VMI. I commented that they had to win like they were supposed to in order to regain even a little respect after last weeks route at the hands of a woeful Rice. Well, the did that and then some. Army won 62-7. I haven't checked the details yet, but I'll bet that may just be a margin record for the Black Knights. Good scheduling Coach Ross (it was homecoming Saturday).

Up next, Terps vs GT. GT scored quick and easily before I could even take my first sip of high octane Coca-Cola. I was worried that my predictions of a UVA like route would come true when Josh Wilson took the ensuing kickoff back 105 yards for a neutralizing touch down. As if that wasn't enough of a kick in the head, after a Terps field goal, Calvin Johnson dropped the ball right in front of us and the Terps recovered resulting in another TD and BAM! the Terps have the lead 17-7 five minutes into the 2nd qtr. Touchdown for us, touchdown for them, yada, yada, yada, and the Terps retain the lead 23-21 5 minutes into the fourth qtr.

GT rallied to score and take the lead 27-23 with 10:10 remaining and I thought that it would end there, but damn if the turtles didn't play tough enough defense and get the ball back with enough time to take it down to GT's three yard line with four plays to get in. In the end, GT's defensive speed won out over the Terp BIG guys (UM's offense and defensive lines are HUGE) and GT sacked Sam Hollenbach twice as time ran out. Great game, would've been nice to win that one. GT will HAVE to generate more offense to beat Clemson next week. I want to go up for that game badly.

The Falcon's did NOT lose this weekend. Oh yeah, they didn't play either.

I got to watch the Dallas vs Phili game and oh the joy of watching the Cowboys get beat!

A game I was glad not to have seen was the Jets vs. Jacksonville. As I said: being a Jets fan, being an Army football fan, either way it's a tough life. Sorry Jackson, they'll get it together this next weekend for sure.

Georgia lost to Tenn. in a fourth qtr struggle as well.

Exciting week all in all. Can't wait for next Saturday to do it all over again!

6 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, October 09, 2006, Blogger Jackson said...

Holy Guacamole! I've heard of....hell I've seen Army lose by such a margin, but never have I heard of them beating the pants off somebody like that.

Hell Yeah!

....uh, clemPson, do I have to keep telling you?

Yeah, sad day for the Jets. I'm looking at this season, and I hope the Jets ownership sees it this way, as a chance for Mangini to make all the mistakes he needs - you know, get it out of his system.

Without a running game it's tough. Martin will probably never play again, our best back is Cedric Houston, who didn't play yesterday.

Chad has a number of years in him, and a horrible game (more INTs yesterday than the past three seasons put together) will only help reinforce his intelligent approach to his position.

On the other hand, Eli proved yesterday that even a dumb guy can succeed in playing smart.

Saints won! G-Men won! Dallas Lost!

All in all, more happy than sad.

 
At 10:54 AM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Yoda Jacket said...

Minor correction - GT @ Clemson is in 2 weeks (not next weekend). Also, it has been announced as the ESPN 7:45pm National Broadcast. Let the accolades and blame flow.

 
At 1:34 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Jackson said...

Clem P son...jeez, I figure you guys could get it right!

 
At 5:07 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Tony Alva said...

Yep, I thought I saw the score backwards myself Jackson.

Cool, we've got two weeks to figure out how to get up to Clempson for this game. I left a note for Schoopie to see if he's into it.

 
At 7:52 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger DC Lori said...

How bout them Cocks!

Give them the props for beating up on the blue boys of KY.

P.S. Too much talk about clemson...boo!

 
At 1:18 PM, October 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

blah blah blew blah, blah, blah, blah, blah! Football Fooie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home