Monday, August 13, 2007

Free Advice...

As I past the famed Center Stage venue on my way in this morning I noticed the American Idol audition line snaking it's way around the corner. As it so happens, I had to wait at the light at the Spring St. intersection so I took the opportunity to roll down the window, snap this photo, and offer the gathering potential target's of Simon Cowell's scorn this sage advice: "If you want a career in music join a band!" A few in the crowd flipped me off as the light turned green.

It's going to be a long hot day for those folks...

6 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, August 13, 2007, Blogger Jackson said...

Stop watching the show, and watch the line disappear.

 
At 1:28 PM, August 13, 2007, Blogger Mike Lewis said...

"If you want a career in music join a band!" :)

as long as there are teenage girls the AI machine will continue to print their own money.
Take work off buy a case of water and sell bottles for $10 per bottle.

I wonder how many times Whitney Houston songs will be destroyed today?

 
At 1:50 PM, August 13, 2007, Blogger Tony Alva said...

Jackson,

We've all got guilty pleasures my man. It's not about the singing. It's about seeing Paula act like an idiot and Simon speak the brutal truth.

I learned an appreciation for bubblegum during my internship at Chalet Sound that I like to apply to the show.

My sure fire method for winning AI pools: Pick the singer who had a band before auditioning. They've won all but one season.

 
At 1:53 PM, August 13, 2007, Blogger Tony Alva said...

BTW Jackson... I know you probably missed the Jets vs Falcons game this weekend, but the Jets looked pretty good. They had the game from half time, but I'll say this about the Dirty Birds: DJ Shockley is the man to beat for Vick's QB slot.

 
At 2:11 PM, August 13, 2007, Blogger Cup said...

All that sweat and stress for a career in mediocrity ...

 
At 7:46 PM, August 13, 2007, Blogger Jackson said...

Hey man, do your thing.

I'm gonna go listen to some Uriah Heep......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home