Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I heart college football...

I hang with some pretty serious college football fans, men and women alike. Most are Georgia Tech fans with a deep love for their alma mater. We/they spend away game days glued to their TV's watching GT and everybody else give it all on the fields of friendly strife as Gen. Douglas MacArthur referred to the glorious game.

We also participate in an illicit gambling venture that enhances our fun on Saturdays during the fall. The pool costs us $10 per week to pick the most winners out of a list of 27 or so games. My brother in law (HUGE Penn Sate fan and alum) picks the games and ensures that the participants favorite teams are included on each weeks card to keep everybody interested.

Along with our card this week, he sent a link to a blog post which contained an embedded a link to a mp3 file that had me rolling on the floor. You want to hear a dedicated braodcaster/fan completely lose it? Check it out. I've had a few impassioned rants about the sorry state of my beloved Army team over the years, but this guy has perfected the art.

1 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, September 27, 2007, Blogger Jackson said...

Illegal gambling ring? My Lord! I hope you don't get caught, but if you do, say hi to Mike Vick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home