Monday, August 27, 2007

Going Underground...

Posts may be light this week due to the big move on Wednesday. I'll be taking some time off to make it all happen. So far it's been exhausting. We came home from our closing Friday night after a celebratory dinner with the folks to discover that lightning from the thunderstorm we'd been so longing for after two weeks of 100 plus temps took out are AC unit. That blew. A sleepless night in a sweltering house and $500 to fix something in a home I'm going to live in for two more days. My next day off from everything will be Sunday for the Decatur Book Festival where Peter Case will be doing an in store performance and book signing. We'll hang around and catch Pete later that evening at Eddie's Attic too. Can't wait.

Until then I'll leave you with a couple of photos. This first photo my dad snapped as he passed Peachtree City Macintosh High School last week. As a sophomore you are permitted to drive a golfcart to school and many do as you can see.


This was the July 4th fireworks. The golf course let's the citizens set up on the fairways to watch.


A month ago or so during one of my many rounds of golf I played with my dad, and as he's prone to do on hole #2 Graveyard course, he sliced his ball into the overhanging tree about 50 yards ahead of the tee box. It ricocheted off the branch and landed right below it still in play much to his great relief. If it had gone right, he'd have lost it in the woods and cost himself a penalty stroke. As he was exhaling in relief a family of foxes came out of the woods to the left and trotted across the fairway as I was teeing up my ball. I grabbed my phone to snap a photo since foxes were a rare sight on this course. They disappeared into the woods on the right side of the fairway and as luck would have it, I capured this photo of one of them coming back out of the woods, sniffing my dad's ball, picking it up in his mouth, and hauling ass with it. We had to call back to the clubhouse for a ruling on that one.

4 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, August 27, 2007, Blogger Cup said...

Love the high school parking lot!

I may miss the Peter Case in-store to catch Hollis Gillespie, but I'll be at Eddie's on Sunday!

 
At 8:59 AM, August 28, 2007, Blogger Tony Alva said...

Where's Hollis going to be? I LOVE Hollis' column. What would be cool is if she brought her sister.

 
At 10:15 AM, August 28, 2007, Blogger Cup said...

Hollis will be at the Decatur Conference Center stage at 3:45. I think that's the Holiday Inn.

 
At 10:16 AM, August 28, 2007, Blogger Cup said...

I want to be one of Hollis' friends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home