Friday, January 18, 2008

The sky's are graying again...

...and the forecast is for some light snow. What this means is that every Atlantan working in the city will get in their cars and act like complete asshats. They will freak out beyond the pale of belief and make an hour long ride home into two hours like they did Wednesday night.

This is a shining example of the politics of fear that our worthless media conglomerates foist upon us regularly. The stupid dramatic music and graphics that are added to local news broadcasts with ominous and threatening sounding dolts doing stand ups all over the city warning of THE DUSTING we're going to get. It never ceases to amaze me how people can buy into it so easily. When someone goofs on me for being critical of MSM's handling of any other topical issue of the day, I'll simply point to this ridiculousness as proof of how badly the MSM media distorts things in order to sell papers/airtime. Report a a case of TB at some random school? Well, you can't broadcast this piece without asking the question of whether or not it's the beginning of an epidemic type outbreak. Gas prices go up by a penny? You got to ask to the point of prophesizing the “will they go up to $4.00 per gallon soon” question. It’s complete and utter bullshit and I can’t stand it.

This is why I don’t freak out about issues like global warming and such when they’re reported in the news. Not that I’m saying it’s not a legitimate concern. It is, but I know it’s just not something that I need to throw my hands up in the air, sell my house, and start yelling at people about. That’s what the MSM does, this is what sells papers.

Thus endth the lesson for the day. I must now go to the window and wait for the first flake to fall so I can get ahead start on the moron-a-thon.

2 Comments:

At 1:00 AM, January 19, 2008, Blogger Jackson said...

I don't understand when people bitch about the cold during the New York winters. They act surprised, or somehow cheated. Do they not remeber last winter, or the one before, or the one prior to that?

 
At 3:22 PM, January 20, 2008, Blogger Ashley said...

Snow is awesome! Check out the wife and kids yesterday...

http://www.ashleymiller.net/2008/01/snow-day-in-atlanta.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home