Friday, March 28, 2008

For C-Cup and Mathdude...


Alright, I’ll get this over with at great risk of dragging the upstanding and esteemed world of blogging into the MySpace/Facebook gutter.

8 Things I’m Passionate About (in order)

Wife
Kid
Music
Friends
College Football
Golf
Technology
Hating new music

8 Things I Want To Do Before I Die (in no order)

Take my family to Normandy France
Pay off my house
Record a song that I am not embarrassed to play for other people
Be able to eat as much NY pizza as I want and not get fat(ter)
Shoot a round under 90
Play guitar marginally well
See my kid graduate from West Point (okay, any college will be fine)
Live in Garrison NY

8 Things I Often Say (as I’m told)

“I’m tellin’ ya…”
“Fuck!”
“Yep”
“Katie, finish your dinner!”
“Missy”
“Chick”
“Dude”
“Yoko Ono/ Björk: two astronomical sized swirling vortex’s of vapid suckiness, or just a couple of mildly annoying mop squeezers? Discuss…”

8 Books I Read Recently

In Cold Blood
CREEM: America's Only Rock 'N' Roll Magazine Retrospective
The Alphabet Of Manliness
Behind the Glass: Top Record Producers Tell How They Craft the Hits
Main Lines, Blood Feasts, and Bad Taste: A Lester Bangs Reader
Love Is a Mix Tape: Life and Loss, One Song at a Time
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead: The Dirty Life and Times of Warren Zevon
Conversations with Tom Petty

8 Songs I Could Listen To Over And Over*

Tumblin’ Dice – Rolling Stones
I Got The Blues – Rolling Stones
Small Town Spree – Peter Case
Tin Pan Alley – Stevie Ray Vaughn
Castle’s Made of Sand – Jimi Hendrix
Us & Them – Pink Floyd
Something Big – Tom Petty
S.A.T.O. – Ozzy Osbourne (the original recording, not the shitty one that Sharon had Bob Daisly and Lee Kerslake’s tracks replaced with by other dudes)

*There are many more, but these off the top of my head...

8 Things That Attract Me To My Best Friends

Our shared history
Our shared & diverse love of music
Our shared love of sports
Their sense of humor
Genuine-ness
Their tolerance
Their talent
Their loyalty

4 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, March 28, 2008, Blogger Jackson said...

I'll not mock. I like how you banged it out in one go.

 
At 11:44 PM, March 28, 2008, Blogger foodtraveler said...

Thanks for sharing. They make me think of what I might put in each category. I definatly like your taste in music.

 
At 7:01 PM, March 30, 2008, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Out of curiosity, how did you come upon Normandy as your preferred spot in France? It's not that it's a bad place or anything, it just that most people would list Paris or somewhere in the wine country as their choice.

I've been to Normandy and seen some of the D-Day landing beaches. Amazing shit.

 
At 9:12 PM, March 31, 2008, Blogger Tony Alva said...

It's an honest question...

There are defining moments in are nations history (in our world's history for that matter) and D-day certainly qualifies as one of those moments and perhaps the most recent. Yorktown, Gettysburg, and Normandy. I think most younger people, (my generation and on) really have no idea of the enormity and consequence of D-Day. I've never been, but I'll bet any American with sense would be humbled by a walk through that cemetery. It's a place where cliché's fade away to the stark reality of what went down: young men threw their bodies in front of bullets so future generations could live in a world without tyranny. EVERYONE buried there a hero. If I got the chance to stand there with my family and meditate amongst those men... Well, it'd be the equivalent of meeting the Pope for some.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home