Thursday, March 13, 2008

Cats in the cradle...

UPDATE: She got this Hanna Montana outfit as a gift and wore it this morning to school along with the additude.


Today is my little girls sixth birthday. What can a proud papa say that hasn't been said before. Yes, I mourn the loss of our once little squirmy butter bean, who has now been replaced by someone who pesters me nightly to see if the History Channel has posted another episode of "The Universe" series on our cable companies On-Demand menu. The little girl who would drag me back to the staircase to play with all her dolls which she had meticulously laid out in anticipation of my arrival home from work. She's a big girl now. She reads far ahead of her class and it's now difficult for her mother and I to conduct "secret" conversations around her anymore since she is so smart and picks up everything.

My wife said the phone rang a few weeks ago and Katie happened to answer it. She stood for a minute with the phone in her ear and then starting reciting the characteristics of a black hole. "Well, at the end of a stars life, gravity collapses it into a hole and the gravity is so strong that nothing can escape its pull not even light etc...". She hung up the phone and when her mother asked her what that was all about she said, "Uncle Chuck wanted me to tell Caroline what a black hole was, she's studying them in high school". I stand in awe of her. All credit is due my wife who is hands down the greatest mom in the world.

Happy 6th birthday Katie. My love for you is beyond the size of the universe itself.


11 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, March 13, 2008, Blogger Feisty Democrat said...

You are such a cheater having the cutest 6 year-old on the planet to write about!

 
At 8:42 PM, March 13, 2008, Blogger SpecialK said...

Happy Birthday, Katie! Seriously, guys -- that is one beautiful kid. =)

 
At 10:41 AM, March 14, 2008, Blogger Tony Alva said...

Thanks specialk!

 
At 10:54 AM, March 14, 2008, Blogger Feisty Democrat said...

The update is obscenely shallow attempt for attention/approval of your blogsite! Well done, sir!

 
At 10:55 AM, March 14, 2008, Blogger Cup said...

What a lovely post -- and lovelier little girl. You're lucky, Alva.

 
At 2:05 PM, March 14, 2008, Blogger Tony Alva said...

I knew you'd say that after I read your mailbag post at your place!

 
At 10:04 PM, March 15, 2008, Blogger Jackson said...

I still say she's from another planet, a very cute, silly, and super intelligent planet.

Did I mention goofy?

 
At 11:01 AM, March 17, 2008, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

What's her favorite King Crimson record?

(She has to choose one from the early period and one from the Belew period.)

 
At 3:03 PM, March 17, 2008, Blogger Tony Alva said...

She has been playing Hanna Montana's version of 'Elephant Talk' quite a bit lately...

 
At 3:17 PM, March 17, 2008, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Oh My God, I would love to hear that.

"Talk? Like, you know, it's ALL talk
Babble, burble, conversation...and stuff"

 
At 11:51 AM, March 26, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Runs in the family?

http://trimems.org/videos/talentshow07_0001.wmv

 

Post a Comment

<< Home