Wednesday, March 26, 2008

IDM is two years old!!!

Yep, not only do I turn forty-four years old today, but two short years ago I decided to enlighten the world with my rants and clever musings. If you look at my archives list you'll notice a post from July 2004, but that would be Hillary/Obamaish since, while clever and well written as most of my stuff usually is, it was a blogging false start. This weekend, my brother Mathdude is coming down and with my wife and friends in tow will be heading to the Mike Doughty show at the Variety Playhouse. It will be DaKine!

I have no idea why I decided to start blogging on my birthday but am glad I made the leap. My youngest sister and frequent commentor Coolmomma called last night to say she had a similar false start herself yesterday. I told her to throw all caution to the wind and let it fly. It's quite a liberating experience really.

Anyway, thanks for tuning in and keep those cards and letters coming.
No se apoye contra la puerta!

7 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, March 26, 2008, Blogger Ginormous Boobs said...

Congrats! Hell, I was all ecited when I passed the month mark.

 
At 10:04 PM, March 26, 2008, Blogger Jackson said...

Happy Birthday/Anniversiary. I'm glad you joined the blogosphere. It's a disease worth spreading.

 
At 9:44 AM, March 27, 2008, Blogger coolmomma said...

Never mind turning 44 and blogging for 2 years....look at that gorgeous cake your wife no doubt made! Did she put any money in it??

 
At 10:10 AM, March 27, 2008, Blogger Tony Alva said...

GB: Nothing brightens my morning more than seeing your avatar next to a comment from you.

Jackson: You are responsible for this mess. Thanks man.

CM: No money cake, or cake at all for that matter since I'm two months into my Atkins regiment (I’m about to get back another belt loop, my second so far), but Mrs. Alva did shove quarters into the awesome steak she served me last night. My other sibs came by to wish me well and Merv asked me to stand up for him at the wedding. All in all, a very good day.

 
At 12:31 PM, March 27, 2008, Blogger Cup said...

Happy (belated) birthday, young fellow Aries dude! Sorry I'm late in birthday wishes, but I was still out celebrating my own.

 
At 9:24 AM, March 28, 2008, Blogger coolmomma said...

Are you telling me that isn't your b-day cake? I just assumed.

 
At 9:35 AM, March 28, 2008, Blogger Feisty Democrat said...

You've been tagged for Crazy 8's. You need to post 8 Things You're Passionate About, 8 Things You Want To Do Before You Die, 8 Things You Often Say, 8 Books You Read Recently (ha - I didn't do that one either), 8 Songs You Could Listen To Over And Over, 8 Things That Attract You To Your Best Friends, and a catagory of your choice. I'll see you this weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home