Tuesday, June 10, 2008

She was an American Girl...


I doubt my parents EVER felt about me the way I feel when I see pictures like the one above of my daughter. Mini Alva had her annual dance showcase event this past weekend and it's hard for me to not get depressed. Where did my little butter bean go? The one who couldn't wait for me to get home from work to play dolls on the stairs. She did well during her performance and naturally I was a gushing proud papa, but inside I was sad about the time passing so quickly. Since she is our only, I absolutely do not take ANY moments like these for granted. It's more like I don't ever want them to end. The only thing keeping me from a slide into deep depression is the fact that she continues to blow my mind with how smart she is. But even that depresses me since the smarter she gets, the less she needs me. I guess I'm just depressed. Nevertheless, each day I wake up and thank providence for my girls. She and her mother are the greatest things that have ever happened to me, period.

10 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, June 10, 2008, Blogger Bobby said...

It's easy to forget what's important in life. Thanks for reminding me. You're a wise man.

 
At 6:29 PM, June 10, 2008, Blogger Feisty Democrat said...

You just need a way to knock that girl down a peg so that your fading star won't seem as dim. Just kidding. Be thankful your kid is so blilliant!

 
At 11:48 PM, June 10, 2008, Blogger Jackson said...

You are blessed in a great many ways my friend.

Besides, we're going to see Maiden!

 
At 9:04 AM, June 11, 2008, Blogger SpecialK said...

What a great photo -- her eyes just sparkle! And don't worry, daughters need their fathers for a long, long time. =)

 
At 12:51 PM, June 11, 2008, Blogger BeckEye said...

Aw, how cute. Are you sure she's related to Mathdude?

 
At 1:24 PM, June 11, 2008, Blogger Feisty Democrat said...

What huh?

 
At 11:35 AM, June 12, 2008, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

What I love about this photo is that she is clearly saying, "UP THE IRONS!"

 
At 5:03 PM, June 15, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is truly your Yankee Doodle Sweetheart in this photag

 
At 5:06 PM, June 15, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But I am a bit concerned about where you are buying her clothing (firecracker stand in South Carolina?)

 
At 4:52 PM, June 17, 2008, Blogger Tony Alva said...

The theme for Katie's recital was months/seasons of the year. Her particular class was July and they did their tap routine to "It's a Grand Old Flag" hence the costume.

While I liked her outfit, the little three-year-olds did their thing to October and were dressed in these little leaf outfits. It was the cutest thing you could ever imagine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home