Monday, August 13, 2007

Blogging makes the world go 'round Part II...

I have to apologize for being remiss in my original post of the same name last week on the topic of new/old blogging friends and associates. The most excellent blog I've recently come across is Beth's Cup of Coffey. I think she found mine or Jackson's blog by Google search or some such thing.

What I can gather from playing catch up on her blog is that she may be native to the Atlanta area, may have gone to UGA since she seems so well versed in Athens heyday music, and she currently lives in Atlanta's coolest art district. Her musical tastes run the gamut and differ from mine a bit, but one of the things that I've come to really embrace through the years is that a passion for music of any kind is a great uniting agent. She features a reoccurring post titled "Mix Tape Friday" which is a brilliant. I'm sure she's read Rob Sheffield's book, although I'm not sure what she thought of it. I'm certain she can identify the origin of the title Intravenus De Milo. A sure sign of Beth's cred: Her appreciation for the superiority of the vinyl record format.

Nonetheless, please welcome Beth to the IDM blogroll and if you get a chance click over and check her stylings.

4 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, August 13, 2007, Blogger Jackson said...

Beth is the shiznit.

Do we still say that?

Or is she da bomb now?

Either way, mad props.

 
At 12:39 PM, August 14, 2007, Blogger Cup said...

Yep, I'm the shiznit! What an exciting post, Mr. Alva! And good insights:

• I am a native of Atlanta; my parents' first date was dinner at The Varsity and a movie at the Fox.

• I went to UGA 1977-79 (and still trek to Athens two or three times a year). I transferred to Georgia State, where I was PR/PA director at WRAS during the musically cool years of 1980 and 1981. Probably why I'm still a new wave chick at heart.

• I loved Rob Sheffield's book; it's probably one of the few I'll ever read again and again. And, yes, that reading inspired Mix Tape Fridays.

• And, damn, I miss vinyl! Just isn't as exciting to open a jewel case or download an iTunes album, is it? The poor kids today ...

p.s. " Intravenus De Milo": Spinal Tap album

 
At 10:11 PM, August 17, 2007, Blogger Dale said...

Beth is all things to all people. Or something like that. I love her.

 
At 4:24 AM, February 23, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kinda have been expecting this in a way...
But I reali dun think da world is going to end...start a new era maybe but the world is not ending.
That's not gonna happen till a thousand years later! Ok, I'm not sure bout that either but that's not the point! The world's not gonna end! Full stop!
[url=http://2012earth.net/mayan_calendar_2012.html
]2012 end of world
[/url] - some truth about 2012

 

Post a Comment

<< Home